Home › PLCGurus.NET Live & Interactive Forum › PLC Questions and Answers › Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Stratix › FactoryTalk View Studio: Error Opening Project – Cannot Connect to Addin › Reply To: FactoryTalk View Studio: Error Opening Project – Cannot Connect to Addin
- Topics: 16
- Replies: 161
- Total Posts: 177
Hi Waseem and welcome to the forum!
I’ve found a technote on this issue 979346 however you need a contract to view it.
An update for the Microsoft Windows operating system is inadvertently breaking registration in DCOM for required FactoryTalk software components.
The updates are for the following Windows Operating Systems:
• From Windows 8 (Professional or Enterprise) to Window 8.1 (Professional or Enterprise)
• From Windows 10 v1511 (Professional or Enterprise) to Windows 10 v1607 (Professional or Enterprise)
Option 1 Solution
1. Repair the FactoryTalk Services Platform using Add or Remove programs in Windows, then reboot the computer.
Option 2 Solution
During the operating system upgrade, a component of the FactoryTalk Services Platform is unregistered. To re-register the component, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Windows Command Prompt as an Administrator.
2. You can do this by holding Ctrl + Shift on your keyboard while clicking on the Command Prompt icon in Start Menu programs.
3. Point the directory to C:\Windows\system32 by typing in cd C:\Windows\system32 and press the Enter key.
4. Run the following command by typing in: regsvr32 “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\RNAClientCore.dll” and press the Enter key.
5. When this is complete you should see the pop-up dialog containing “DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\RNAClientCore.dll succeeded.