Reply To: FactoryTalk View Studio: Error Opening Project – Cannot Connect to Addin

SCADAShaneShane Pouliot
Participant
  • Topics: 0
  • Replies: 2
  • Total Posts: 2

I’m having this issue on a Windows 10 for Workstations version 1709 build 16299.431. My last update was Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 on 5/14/2018 and my last Security Update was (KB4103729) on 5/9/2018. I installed Studio 5000  version 30 on 10/29/2018 and the client installed Webroot SecureAnywhere on 10/30/2018. I repaired FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.90.00 on 11/16/2018 and then rebooted. I’m still getting the message “There was an error logging onto the Security Server. Unexpected error encountered when logging into the Security Authority. (An unexpected error occured after the user was authenticated. Access privileges for this user may be misconfigured. See your Security Administrator)”.

I’ve talked with Rockwell and my distributor and Rockwell said that it’s an issue with Webroot. I can’t find anything to support that or what I would need to have White Listed for it to work through Webroot. The is running on a SCADA node that is connected to the internet through a Cisco ASA that is creating a VPN connection over a city fiber optic network that is behind a Sonic Wall. I don’t want to just say that it’s Webroot without ruling out Windows Updates or trying to White List the necessary components. Any help is much appreciated.