› PLCGurus.NET Live & Interactive Forum › PLC Questions and Answers › Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Stratix › Factory Talk View ME issue
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by PLC_Bros.
- January 20, 2018 at 6:01 pm #1190PLC_BrosParticipantKarma: 45Rank: Padawan
Hi PLCGuru! Please try email@example.com for my feedbacks
1. On the Migration from PanelBuilder32 to Factory Talk ME, I noticed that when I run Application and try to input numeric setpoint value,
that particular Display hangs,it won’t let me do anything else unless I close the entire software.
WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS?
2. Could you please outline for me the step by step procedure in Transfering
FTV ME HMI file from PC to Panel View Plus 6 1000 including how to configure EtherNet IP communication for the transfer.January 20, 2018 at 6:50 pm #1191PLCGuruKeymaster
I see that you’ve updated your account profile. Please ensure you check your junk folder if you do not receive an email and mark us as a safe sender.
1.As far as the hanging issue, not sure what’s happening there as it could be a whole host of things. Without looking at your application it would be hard to say but I would start by looking at the datatypes you have configured for tags and make sure they are correct.
2. I think it would be worth your time to review the user manual here. What you’re asking will require multiple steps and it sounds like you might benefit from reviewing the literature. If after that you have a specific question or are stuck at a particular step, please by all means state the step.
@controlsnutJanuary 21, 2018 at 2:11 pm #1203PLC_BrosParticipantKarma: 45Rank: Padawan
How do I get the IP Address of the Panel View Plus 6 1000 Terminal and How do I link terminal IP and PC IP?January 21, 2018 at 3:05 pm #1204PLCGuruKeymaster
The IP address will be under Terminal Settings ->Network Settings when you power up the PVP. Here you will be able configure the IP address of the display. Once configured ensure your PC is on the same network as your display (i.e. if you set the IP of the PVP to 192.168.1.20 make sure your NIC is set on the same network say 192.168.1.200). This video should help with the PC setup if youre unsure.The IP of your PC just has to be unique and on the same network as your display. you can confirm you are communicating with the display using RSLinx. Once you can see the PVP you should be able to browse and downlaod to the display via RSLinx Enterprise and FTV Studio Transfer Utility.January 21, 2018 at 5:02 pm #1205PLC_BrosParticipantKarma: 45Rank: Padawan
Thanks for the input. Also I now get mail feedbacks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.