Tagged: FactoryTalk View Studio
- January 24, 2018 at 7:45 pm #1247Fred GrahamKeymaster
- Topics: 15
- Replies: 159
- Total Posts: 174
I ran into a problem I’ve not seen before when restoring a FTV application using the Application Manager.
The error read:
`One or more files do not match the
primary file of the database. If you are attempting to attach a
database, retry the operation with the correct files. If this is an
existing database, the file may be corrupted and should be restored from
After searching the knowledge base, I found a technote that described the error and decided to share the solution:
FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition 6.10 and up
The .ldf file in the tag folder of the project directory has become corrupt. This file will need to be removed. This only becomes an issue when applications are moved from older versions of Studio to newer versions using SQL as the tag DB. Most likely at some point an element of the project was changed improperly.
- Run the patch rollup from 1066644 – Patch Roll-up for CPR9 SRx.
- Navigate to the project tag folder.Windows 7/8/10:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\\Tag
<u>C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\\Tag</u>
- Find the file <xxxxxxxx>.ldf and delete it.
- Open the project in FactoryTalk View Studio to convert the tag database properly.
Hope this saves some time for others!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.