PLCGurus.NET Live & Interactive Forum Announcements Forum/Topic Opt-Out Notification Links

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fred Graham
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working to provide mechanisms for you to control notification settings for forum topics and replies. I appreciate your patience as our forum activity has ramped up lately (this is a good thing!).

With that, you’ll notice at the bottom of any forum notification (including this one) two links.

1. The first link will directly unsubscribe you from further notifications to the topic without requiring a login or any further action on your part after clicking it. This can be handled on mobile or desktop PCs by simply clicking the link to unsubscribe to the topic. You should see a message that you’ve been unsubscribed from the current topic and will stop receiving notifications for that topic. This is the preferred method, as it will only unsubscribe you from the current topic and not prevent other topic notifications that you may be interested in or able to assist with.
    2. The second link can only be performed on a desktop PC (currently) and requires you to login to your account to manage it. From here, you’ll be able to manage all your subscribed forum and topic subscriptions. Please note that if you Unsubscribe from a Forum you will not receive any further notifications with respect to that forum (please use this as a last resort, as it undermines the intent of being part of a forum and community in the first place).
    3. Of course, you always have the option to completely delete your account at any time. Simply login into your account (from a desktop PC) and you’ll notice a “Delete Account” button on the left side of the page as you scroll down. To access this page directly login and follow this link here: https://www.plcgurus.net/account/

I understand some of your frustrations, believe me I’m working on it. I hope these two links will help manage and ease some of it.

Thanks for your continued support on PLCGurus.NET.

Fred

Homebanger
    Participant

I tried to unsubscribe, but your link is not working.

Fred Graham
    Keymaster

Hi, could you please be more specific as there are two links as explained.

The first link will unsubscribe you to the “Current Topic” notifications, however, you will still receive other topic notifications, as they are created, in the forums to which you’re subscribed.

The second link will redirect you to the page where you can manage your forum subscriptions, however, you need to decide which forums you want to be subscribed to.

I also provided a link in the original topic post where you can delete your account.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies.