› PLCGurus.NET Live & Interactive Forum › PLC Questions and Answers › Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Stratix › WHY AUTO MODE STOPPED WORKING ON A UNIT WITH BOTH AUTO/MANUAL MODE?
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 4 months ago by PLC_Bros.
- January 21, 2018 at 5:08 pm #1206PLC_BrosParticipantKarma: 45Rank: Padawan
An automated Batch unit with both AUTO and MANUAL MODE, the AUTO Mode stopped working, now the unit works only in MANUAL Mode. What are possible causes of this problem please?January 21, 2018 at 7:56 pm #1214PLCGuruKeymaster
Hi PLC Bros,
I’m glad you got the email thing sorted. Unfortunately, the question you ask here is virtually impossible for me to solve with any certainty. I would run through a typical troubleshooting procedure and ask questions, such as:
- When did it stop working? What conditions or sequence of events lead up to or caused the issue? (Talk to the operator of the machine, line foreman, anybody that can provide relevant information).
- If it’s PLC controlled, check the input for that button (if it is a physical “Auto Initiate” type button)
- Check the program logic – are there interlocks (permissives), safeties or a set of pre-conditions required before the unit will go into automatic mode.
This would be some things I would check, however, without any specific details it would be difficult to say.
Good Luck, and can I ask what geographic region are you in – if you’re comfortable stating of course – we do have an approved service provider that sponsors this site if you’re ever in a real jam and are on the right side of the planet of course 🙂
Either way, please let us know how you make out with your issue and provide the solution you found.January 22, 2018 at 3:09 am #1220PLC_BrosParticipantKarma: 45Rank: Padawan
Thanks for the suggestion. I will inspect the unit,
My Region is Nigeria in West Africa
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.