Forum Replies Created
ThanksJune 15, 2019 at 9:27 am in reply to: How to Program DPT flow calculations in RSLogix5000 #5247
Thanks for responding!
Actually, I know about CPT, but I want to learn how to achieve flow reading from DPT attached to an orifice Plate in a Pipeline carrying Natural Gas or crude oil . Assuming we are recieving 4-20 mA from this DPT how do I program for flow reading in RSLogix5000.
Your response will be appreciated!June 10, 2018 at 7:50 pm in reply to: RUNTIME CONFIGURATION OF SIMATIC HMI WINCC EXPLORER MADE SCREENS PC-BASED& PLC #2073
sorry for late response I was off for another project in a remote area.
The link above can’t open, could you please resend?
RegardsMarch 19, 2018 at 1:44 am in reply to: RUNNING FULL SCREEN WONDER WARE INTOUCH WINDOW VIEWER #1560
You have to configure it to run this way in the WindowViewer configuration which you access inside of WindowMaker. There should be a menu at the top you can click on Special->Configure->WindowViewer, then there will be a “Window Configuration” tab on which you can uncheck the Menu Bar and Control Menu.
Please this did not work any other idea?March 18, 2018 at 4:18 am in reply to: RUNNING FULL SCREEN WONDER WARE INTOUCH WINDOW VIEWER #1559
Thanks the guru. I did that but there was no way to close the application after test run though it hasn’t shown full screen yet but I need to close it and restart app as I have unchecked the Menu Bar and Control Menu.
1. Please how can I create a shutdown button on the intouch?
2. Also how can I configure graphical Trend for 9 different values/tags in it?
The Guru, Could you please send me a sample program of this with a few rungs, It will help me better please.
I do not have the program, I want to understand how to generate such a code for the said intervals please, reference with Controllogix RSLogix5000. Or you could write sample program of it and send across to me please. I really need to know it.
Thanks in advanceJanuary 22, 2018 at 3:09 am in reply to: WHY AUTO MODE STOPPED WORKING ON A UNIT WITH BOTH AUTO/MANUAL MODE? #1220
Thanks for the suggestion. I will inspect the unit,
My Region is Nigeria in West Africa
Thanks for the input. Also I now get mail feedbacks
How do I get the IP Address of the Panel View Plus 6 1000 Terminal and How do I link terminal IP and PC IP?
Sir, Your are really a Guru. This is a bit advanced, I like that though I could not get it all BUT could you please illustrate more in an outline format on how to achieve this on RSLogix500 and Factory Talk using N10:55 full word please?.
ON NO.3; ”If the other bits in N10:55 are being used and/or written to somewhere else (bits 4 through 15) then I would suggest you do a masked move to a different integer word to filter the other bits and point your HMI there.
PLEASE WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO ACHIEVE THIS ?
Thanks for responding, emails are not yet receivable.
1. Could you please Outline steps for connecting RSLinx and Factory Talk ME With SLC500 EMULATE500
(I want to figure out what I’m doing wrong because toggling bits on RSLogix500 changes bit value to 1 on data table BUT DOES NOT REFLECT ANY CHANGE IN FACTORY TALK ME) assuming my tags are OK?
2. FOR BIT ARRAY TAG ISSUE, Can this second suggestion also work?: E.g, Bit array tag with address N10:45/8 and with array size 2, CAN I EXPAND THE ARRAY N10:45/8 WITH ARRAY SIZE 2 TO TWO DIFFERENT TAGS SAY; N10:45/8 to new tag Comp1_ft1 and N10:45/9 to new tag Comp1_ft2? IF YES, THEN HOW CAN THE TWO NEW TAGS BE INCORPORATED (Tied) BACK TO JUST ONE MULTI-STATE INDICATOR THAT HELD THE SINGLE TAG EARLIER BEFORE EXPANSION?
3. If a Tag with Address N10:55 references 4 states (state0….state3), what bits in the word will point to state0, state1, state2 and state3 in scenario where i. the N10:55 has just two bits in use (N10:55/0 and N10:55/1)?
ii. the N10:55 has all the bits in the word in use?
4. FROM YOUR STATEMENT ABOVE; ”And you’ve checked the “Value” field for each state you configured aligns with the value you’re writing from the PLC, i.e., State 0 -> Value=0, State 1 -> Value=1, State 2 -> Value=3 etc.? Because you’re using a SLC (presumably) based on your addresses, I’m not aware of any option to auto browse the controller via ONLINE tags unfortunately. This feature is reserved for ControlLogix platform of controllers so all your tags will need to be configured in the HMI Tags Editor in FTV” THIS STATEMENT: ”i.e., State 0 -> Value=0, State 1 -> Value=1, State 2 -> Value=3 etc.?” IS CONFUSING TO A NEWBIE, SHOULD State 2 -> Value=3 OR IS IT TYPO ERROR?
i.e., State 0 -> Value=0, State 1 -> Value=1, State 2 -> Value=3 etc.?
PLCGuru Thanks! I did’n’t know I’ve got reply here, I could not get email response even on my spam.
1. ”Typically a multistate indicator display error means your have a tagging problem or an invalid state/value. Make sure that all you state values are set to what you expect to see assigned to the tag”
THE STATES ARE AS CONFIGURED ON PANEL BUILDER32 state0 no message, state1 with a message, I noticed that my tag comes up in Factory Talk shortcut ‘Offline’ folder BUT there no ‘ONLINE’ Folder showing in my shutcut. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PLEASE?
2. ”Tag es temp: Bit Array tags are not supported. Tag will be converted as a memory tag”? (eg. bit array Tag ”comp1_ft’ having N10:25/6 with array size 2)”
I got a suggestion that goes thus: since array size is 2, that’s N10:25/6 will have N10:25/6 and N10:25/7, He said I should move them to unused integer starting from bit 0 say; N10:25/6 moved to N10:135/0 and N10:25/7 moved to N10:135/1. THEN on HMI tag editor, that I should tie the Tag (Comp1_ft) JUST to N10:135 CAN THIS WORK FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE?
3. On Tag editor window, When I change to INT, Should I also change from ‘MEMORY’ Tag option to ‘DEVICE’ tag?
4. Numeric Data Display in Panel Builder32 converted to Text Object in FactoryTalk ME (and Text Object doesn’t has ‘connection’ tab) I CHANGED THE TEXT OBJECTS TO NUMERIC DISPLAY IN FT ME, IS THIS CORRECT?
I will appreciate your input!