Who We Are
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the PLCGurus.NET Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the PLCGurus.NET Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the PLCGurus.NET Platform. Once you create a profile, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the PLCGurus.NET Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to Your Content. For more information about your choices for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Choices.
Your Content: We collect and store the information and content that you post to the PLCGurus.NET Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the PLCGurus.NET Platform, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Choices.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the PLCGurus.NET Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, PLCGurus.NET cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the PLCGurus.NET Platform. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal data – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. PLCGurus.NET uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the PLCGurus.NET Platform, communicate with you about your use of the PLCGurus.NET Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the PLCGurus.NET Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the PLCGurus.NET Platform.
- Advertising. To display interest-based advertising to you in the PLCGurus.NET Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the PLCGurus.NET Platform; to evaluate and improve the PLCGurus.NET Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of PLCGurus.NET , its users, or others.
Your Content and Activity. Your Content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the PLCGurus.NET Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share Your Content across other sites or services. In addition, Your Content may be indexed by search engines. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Metrics. We may share with users of our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the PLCGurus.NET Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the PLCGurus.NET Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we may use to track the online movements of users of the PLCGurus.NET Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the PLCGurus.NET Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third-parties as discussed in the PLCGurus.NET Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by as described below in PLCGurus.NET Ads and Personalization.
PLCGurus.NET Ads and Personalization
We may display personalized content (including from third party publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via the PLCGurus.NET Platform. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to publishers of content on the PLCGurus.NET Platform.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. PLCGurus.NET has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the PLCGurus.NET Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the PLCGurus.NET Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the PLCGurus.NET Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Your Content. You may edit or delete the answers that you post at any time. Any questions you have posted may remain on the PLCGurus.NET Platform and be edited by other users. Any deleted content will be removed from third party sites from which it has been shared via PLCGurus.NET’s standard sharing features; however we have no control over deletions or changes to Your Content if it has been shared manually by others. When you make edits to Your Content, other users will be able to see the history of those edits in your profile activity and on content edit logs.
Emails and Communications. When you join the PLCGurus.NET Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the PLCGurus.NET newsletter containing content that we believe may match your interests. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Third parties may comment on your postings within the PLCGurus.NET Platform.
Topics. You can change topics that you follow or that your profile lists as areas that you know about.
Credentials. You can change your credentials that are displayed in your profile or in connection with a specific answer.
Deleted or Deactivated Account. If you choose Delete Your Account in your privacy settings, then all of Your Content will be removed from public visibility on the PLCGurus.NET Platform, and it may not be restored by us, even if you change your mind. If you choose Deactivate Your Account, then you will no longer receive any communications from us, and users will not be able to interact with you; however Your Content will remain on the PLCGurus.NET Platform.
Third Party Ad Networks
For information about and to opt out of interest-based ads from many ad networks, go to:
Transferring Your Data
PLCGurus.NET is headquartered in Canada, and has operations, entities and service providers in Canada. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.