Advice on PLC model:

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by eagleeyeeagleeye.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eagleeyeeagleeye
    Participant

Hi

I am in the process of developing a RO (reverse osmosis) water treatment system.
      I am a software developer for other non PLC platforms.. but I am not familiar with hardware PLC at all.

I will need a PLC  to control the various pumps and do measurements etc.

I need advice on the following functions.
      Q1). I need a PLC that can read its settings and logic software from a SD CARD/TF card upon pressing a key.

This is so that when I need to change a PLC or buy a new one for a new system, I just make a copy of the SD CARD insert it on that new PLC. Press a button and its running like the previous one .

Q2)  I also need this PLC to be able to send its status to an Android device for viewing its status of various sensors etc.

Can someone help me to choose an Allen Bradly or a Schneider etc that has this function.

icsbradBrad Krause
      Participant

I’m not sure if Schneider has this capibility and I’m pretty sure AB doesn’t for the PLCs (HMI’s yes). If you would like to explore other options besides AB or Schneider I would check out AutomationDirect’s Productivity PLCs and C-more HMIs. I’ve used this feature with both products and have had very good luck with them.

eagleeyeeagleeye
        Participant

Thanks

Is there a mechanism that the code and config can be saved to a PC or an Android Phone and then reinjected  into the Schneider or AB by some simple procedure?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.