Phase and sequence logic

https://www.linkev.com/?a_fid=ics-eng

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Kierie 01 Kieran Murphy 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kierie 01
    Kieran Murphy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1
    • Total Posts: 3

Hi all, I have a general question on PLC logic. Just wondering what is the difference between phase and sequence logic when related to PLC programming, thanks in advance,

Mister Incredible
    Mister Incredible
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 16
    • Total Posts: 24

Not exactly sure but I’ll give it a go. Typically when in the requirements gathering phase of a project you would like to break the large problem into smaller, more bite size type problems that you can code out. I’m guessing here, but if I had to code a large machine, I may be inclined to break that down into logical blocks or portions (or phases) and then each phase would have its own sequence.

If you’re referring to a PLC programming type paradigm, or style such as FBD, Ladder or SFC, I’m not familiar with phase or sequence.

Kierie 01
    Kieran Murphy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1
    • Total Posts: 3

Thanks for the reply, just curious more than anything, I recently did a project involving recipe manager for a factory, they asked me was I using phase or sequence logic. Sequence logic seems relatively self explanatory and your view on phase logic makes sense

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register