- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by Fred Graham.
- January 8, 2018 at 4:10 pm #883Michael WintersParticipantKarma: 112Rank: Jedi
Has anyone been able to successfully install Siemens Step 7 Simatic Manager on Windows 10? If so, can you please indicate the steps you took to make this work. Thanks in advance!January 9, 2018 at 10:23 am #889Fred GrahamKeymaster
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. I’ve done a little digging into your questions and here is what I found.
This is a bit of a hack so try at your own risk:
To install STEP 7 v5.5 SP3 (DVD update release) follow these steps.
1. Download and install the latest 64-bit version of automation license manager here.
2. Copy DVD content to any directory on hdd.
3. Modify ./Setup.exe using any resouce modification software. Eg ResourceHacker. Add the line
//this is the os ID of Windows 8 64bit
4. Modify ./InstData/Setup.ini under section OS.
PlattformIDAllowed = 1;2;3
Add the lines
5. Modify all msi-files to enable the ingore-button on installation failures (like installing on unsupported OS’s). Use any software possible to manipulate MSI-files. E.g. InstEd.
Search for DLG_INSTALLATIONREQUIREMENTS_DISABLE_IGNORE. Change Action from Disbale to Enable.
Run ./Setup to start installation. Press the ingore-button when told it’s not possible to install on running OS.
Good luck and if you’re looking for an excellent text on this and Siemens programming – check out this book Automating with SIMATIC S7-1200: Configuring, Programming and Testing with STEP 7 Basic V11; Visualization with WinCC Basic V11 on Amazon, I highly recommend, it is excellent!
Curious How Much Money A PLC Programmer Makes. Check out my article, it may surprise you…January 12, 2018 at 12:51 pm #1019AnonymousKarma: 0Rank: Padawan
I’m currently working with Step 7 v5.6 in Windows 10. No issues so far!
Just used the DVD and all went well…August 12, 2018 at 7:22 pm #3185Mohammed TahaParticipantKarma: 15Rank: Padawan
first. Thanks for your efforts for solving simatic manager installations problems.
Second could you guide me to get simatic manager/step seven software,I don’t have them yet.
Thanks a lot dear fred.August 30, 2018 at 8:36 pm #3215Fred GrahamKeymaster
Hi Mohammed and sorry for the delay in replying. First thank you for the kind words! Your best bet would be to get in touch with you local Siemens rep to get your hands on the software. I’m sure they would be more than happy to provide a quote and guide you on the software requirements for your specific needs.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.